Sunday 29 November 2015

"Champion" (Legend #3) by Marie Lu

Champion (Legend, #3)Champion by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My Blog | Twitter

I actually sat in bed staring at the cover of Champion for a solid thirty minutes after I finished reading it. This book was amazing. I was not that impressed with Legend, and although I liked Prodigy a lot more, Champion blew them both out of the water. Wow. Just wow.

This book was bursting with action from cover to cover. And not that mindless action you find in some dystopian novels, that is overly detailed and serves no true purpose, but the kind of action that makes it impossible to look away because you just have to know how it plays out. These sequences tied in with the political aspects of this novel, which were gripping and realistic. Lu describes at least three separate societies in depth and I believed them all - a lot of dystopian authors can barely manage to describe one well, so I was truly impressed.

June and Day's relationship in this novel was the perfect mix of angsty and satisfying... Originally, I was not barracking for them at all - the relationship seemed forced in Legend. In this novel, I was desperately hoping for them to live happily ever after. I followed their relationship and found myself caring as much about them as I did about the political issues in this book. Sigh. You won me over, Lu. You won me over so badly!

The ending of this book will be felt in my soul forever. It was a great ending, though - I was worried it might end predictably, and I could not have been more wrong. I don't want to spoil the ending, but you won't be disappointed.

Overall, this was an insanely satisfying and action-packed ending to a beautiful and truly unique series. I would recommend this series to anyone who wants a solid dystopian story line with two likeable main characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment